There are times when the user fails to open the Quickbooks application on the system. This not only hampers the working of the application but also hamper the performance of the user. The issue usually occurs when the QBWUSER.ini file goes missing from the system. Though the error seems difficult, it is easier to resolve. Therefore, we have come up with a comprehensive guide to troubleshoot the issue easily. So, keep reading to know all the causes, symptoms, and resolution for the issue.
Sources of Quickbooks Not Opening
So, if you are not able to open the Quickbooks application on the system, the issue can be fixed with some simple steps. But, to avoid the issue, you must know the causes of the error. Check out all the sources of Quickbooks won’t open issues below.
- A corrupted hard disk is one of the crucial reasons behind this issue.
- Quickbooks is not correctly installed on the system.
- The QBWUSER.ini file is no more available on the system.
- The name of the file is larger than required.
Preliminary Preparations To Follow
Here, we have listed all the tips that you will have to follow before you proceed to resolve Quickbooks won’t open the issue. Make sure to follow these before proceeding with any troubleshooting method.
- Use updated version of the Quickbooks application.
- Ensure to disable multi-user hosting on the system
- Change the names of your ND and TLG files
- Fix installation issues with your Quickbooks desktop file.
- Suppressing Quickbooks application
Use Quickbooks File Doctor Tool to Fix Quickbooks Not Opening
Before proceeding with all the advanced solutions to resolve Quickbooks not opening, we will suggest you use the Quickbooks file doctor tool to fix the issue. Check out the steps to use Quickbooks file doctor to fix the issue.
- First, terminate Quickbooks applications and other related applications.
- Now, start the browser on your system and then open Quickbooks official website.
- On the website, look for the Quickbooks tool hub and tap on the option to download it on the system.
- The downloading process will complete according to the speed of the internet and the file size. When done, you will have to tap on the file.
- Now, in the installation window, click on the Next option. you will be agree to it if your screen show license prompt
- Choose the installation folder. To choose another folder, then click on the change option and then choose the folder.
- After this, follow all the prompts appearing on the screen to complete the process.
- Next, you will have to click on the tool icon and then start the window.
- Now, you will have to click on the company file issues option.
- Under this, choose the file doctor tool option.
- Wait for the tool to start. You will now have to choose your file and then click on the file damage option.
- When the process will complete, you will have to start Quickbooks and then check if the error is resolved.
Other Methods to Troubleshoot Quickbooks Won’t Open
In case you are still not able to resolve Quickbooks won’t open issue using Quickbooks file doctor, here are some other methods for you. Each method is explained in detail for you.
Fix 1: Use Quickbooks Tool Hub
The first method on this list is to use the Quickbooks tool hub on your system. For this, you will have to download the tool hub by following all the steps explained in the above section of the article. On the tool hub, you will have to use the Qb install diagnostic tool and Quick fix my program to troubleshoot the issue.
Run Install Diagnostic Tool
- For this, start the Qb tool hub on the system.
- In the tool window, you will have to click on the tab of installation issues from tool hub.
- On this tab, you will get the option to run Quickbooks install diagnostic tool.
- Now, wait for the process to complete. On completion, check if the error is resolved.
Run Quick Fix My Program
- To begin with, open the tool hub application on your system.
- When done, in the window, you will have to tap on the option for program problems.
- Now, you will have to tap on the Quick fix my program option.
- Wait till it scans and fix all the components.
Fix 2: Moving Quickbooks Company File to Another Location
Now, another method that you can use is to move your Quickbooks company file to another location. so ,lets check out the steps mentioned below.
- To begin with, you will have to look for the folder in which your Quickbooks company file is present.
- You will now have to select the company file and its corresponding files.
- Copy all these files from the location.
- You will now have to create a new folder in your C drive
- After this, you will have to paste the files to the folder you have created.
- When done, you will have to start Quickbooks. Keep holding the CTRL key while opening the file.
- Choose the file from the new folder and then open the file.
- Now, check if you are still facing Quickbooks won’t open issue.
With all the methods mentioned, you will be able to fix Quickbooks won’t open issues easily. We have also provided you with all the relevant information about the error. However, if you still encounter the issue, you will have to speak to the support team.